Chromebook Display settings : What you look on your screen gets clear only when the display is perfect and thus it is very important to maintain a good aspect ratio of the screen. Whenever you buy a new device, it comes up with one stock resolution and it might not be comfortable for everyone. With new models coming up with Ultra-HD display, the benefits can be tapped by playing into these display settings. In Chromebooks, the inputs would be a bit different and once you get to know these, you can then easily play with your screen size and resolution. In today’s blog, we would cover up on How to Adjust/Change Screen Resolution on Chromebook.
Changing the resolution on Chromebook
Please go for the following steps to adjust your Chromebook screen resolution as per the requirements:
- Open up your Chromebook and click on your profile picture at the bottom-right corner near the Wi-Fi and time display.
- A small menu would get popped up and out of the available options click on Settings. You can also select the settings option from the Chrome browser.
- Search for Display in the search bar at the top of the Settings dialog box.
- An option for Display Settings would come up and click on it would open up another dialog box in the same name.
- Go to the option for resolution and click on the drop-down menu to get a list of available options, starting from low to high.
- Select any one that matches your requirement and then click on Apply at the bottom corner of the box.
Thus, the resolution gets adjusted accordingly and you would find the new display into the picture after closing down the dialog box. Refer to the same steps again if you want to resize your screen in the future.
Chromebook Shortcut to Change Display Settings
When it comes to Chromebook, you would also find a shortcut to every function or operation. Similarly, there are also keyboard shortcuts available to increase or decrease the screen resolution in a fast and swift manner. In the former case, you need to use the option of Ctrl+ Shift and + buttons and thus the resolution increases to the next option of the default one.
In case if you want to go for the latter option then use Ctrl+ Shift and – buttons and the resolution goes down to the previous one of the set resolution. With every change, a message would prompt up that confirms the resolution change and thus you can operate this very fastly.
Using the Chrome Browser to Change Chromebook Resolution
Along with just the screen resolution, you can also control the orientation and some other features of your screen. For this the Chrome browser comes into aid and thus go for the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Chrome browser and click on the three dots mentioned at the top-right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- In the next dialog box, go to Device and click on Displays.
- A new window opens up with all of the display options and its settings. All you need to do is change the values in each dropdown and accordingly the same would get updated on the screen.
Therefore, you can adjust your screen properties in three different ways and these are very hassle-free. Do let us know if you face any difficulties in either of these.