Chromebook On-Screen Keyboard benefits : On-screen keyboards often come handy in today’s time, primarily during emergencies. When the physical keyboards show certain issues or slow down, then these virtual keyboards come into action. In the case of touch-screen devices, they can easily be controlled by just touches, whereas in other cases you can control them by mouse. Nonetheless, some users prefer not to use it and thus look for ways to disable it. This blog covers up on how to disable the on-screen keyboard option on Chromebook.
Steps to Disable On screen Keyboard on Chromebook
Due to some functionalities missing in the virtual keyboards, Chromebook users prefer disabling the option and would go back to use it only in case their physical keyboard shows the certain problems. So you can follow these steps to disable:
- Open your Chromebook and ensure that you are signed in to it via the Google account.
- Either you can click on the status option on your profile picture or use the shortcut of Alt+ Shift+ S.
- Go to the Settings and then next to Advances Settings.
- Under this section, you will see the Accessibility options where the checkbox of the on-screen keyboard is present.
- Check off the box and it would get disabled from your device.
Thus, you can easily turn on and off your virtual keyboard whenever required.
How to Change On-Screen Keyboard Layout on Chromebook?
However, if you have decided to use the On-Screen keyboard of your Chromebook, then you would be amazed to know that you can customize it as per your choice and not stick to the default layout. Just follow these steps and witness the magic in the end:
- Click on the clock displayed on your Chromebook screen and then go to the settings icon over it.
- Then go to the Advanced section and click on the Language and Inputs option.
- Click on the ‘Input Method’ to expand it and then go to ‘Manage inputs methods’.
- Here you will find the options to different languages of Keyboards, like US English, UK English to name a few.
- Just select one and confirm it. Your choice would get implemented without any hassles or restarting the system.
But, there might be some limitations in the number of choices offered by the Chromebook. It does not allow any third party keyboard to be downloaded from either Play Store or websites and so you have to look amongst these options. There are updates under the pipeline to allow these third party keyboards and soon the Chromebook users would be able to enjoy the same.
Therefore, on a concluding note, the Chromebook users can not only disable or turnoff the option for the on-screen keyboard but also choose the language of the same and customize it as per their choices. Do like, share and subscribe to this blog with your friends and let us know in the comments section on any improvements or latest news that you might have come across concerning this topic.