The need for screenshots : The option for screenshot has proved to be a valuable ally for many of the technology users. Capturing a piece of information for proof, justifications, and other requisites has become a regular practice in today’s time. Thus, the option for screenshot has been made mandatory in all of the devices, be it Android, iOS, laptop, tablet, or even a Chromebook.
With a different keypad and interface of the Chromebook, it often becomes confusing for the newbie users to understand how to take a screenshot in it. Do not think much because here we are to cover up on the basics of print Screen on Chrome Book.
How to Take Full Screenshot on Chromebook ?
If you intend to take a full-screen screenshot, then please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Find the Switch window button on the top row of the buttons, in between the Fullscreen and Brightness down buttons. This can be considered as analogous to the conventional F5 button on the normal keyboards.
- Use the shortcut of Ctrl+ Switch window to capture the screenshot of the full-screen contents.
- After the screenshot is taken, its thumbnail appears in the bottom-right corner of the Chromebook. You can click it to go directly to the folder where it is stored or else, you can view it later by the Files option in the taskbar.
How to Take Screenshot of a Specific portion on Chromebook
In the recent Chrome OS updates, now you can capture the screenshot of only a particular portion of the content. Follow these steps to successfully execute it:
- First, press the Ctrl+ Shift buttons simultaneously and then press the Switch window one.
- As a result, the screen dims down and the cursor symbol changes to a crosshair.
- Use the cross-hair to reach the starting point of your intended area and drag down to the opposite corner.
- This creates a box that includes the intended area of the content that you want to be kept in your screenshot. It then gets captured and you can go to the Files folder to view it.
Using the Stylus
If you own a high budgeted Chromebook that has a stylus, then you would be happy to know that it can be used additionally to capture a screenshot in your device. In that case, go for these easy steps:
- Connect your pen with the Chromebook.
- In the bottom corner where you can see the pen symbol, click on it to generate a dropdown menu.
- You will find two options in the top- Capture Region and Capture Screen.
- If you click on the former option, then you can use the pen to draw the box that defines the content to be captured, and then the command gets executed.
- If you click on the latter option, then the entire screen gets captured in the screenshot.
Using the extensions
With the recent Chrome extensions, now you can find dedicated tools that can do the work of print Screen on Chrome Book for you. Just have a look at the reviews of these tools to find out the best one and then add them to Chrome. These would be completely free to use and you can include them in your regular jobs to take the screenshots for you on a repetitive basis.