The need for clearing the cookies and caches on Chromebook : Cache data refers to the residual data that gets stored in a browser when you visit any website from it and similarly, cookies are also the tools that often pop up while opening a website to allow the viewers to have a proper surfing experience within the same.
However, with time if it gets accumulated in excess then it might slow down your browser and often cause minor issues like excessive loading time or formatting errors in the display. So, it is highly important to keep clearing caches and cookies from time to time.
If you are a newbie into the technology of Chromebook, then do not worry as here we are to guide you on the process of doing so easily.
Before starting these steps, ensure that you are signed in to a google account in the Chromebook. Then, do follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Google Chrome on your Chromebook.
- Click on the triple dot option at the top right of the browser.
- Go to More tools and then on Clear browsing data. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut of Ctrl+ Shift+ Backspace to directly go to the dialog box where you can clear the caches and cookies.
- Select the time range from the dialog box as per your requirement. It would have the segregation’s starting from just the past hour to the entire history saved to date.
- Check in the boxes of “Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’.
- Then click on the ‘Clear data’ option at the bottom.
As a result, your cookies and cache data would get cleared and the chrome would go back into the default setting. However, sometimes there might be some issues in terms of the execution and so it is highly recommended to restart Google Chrome after this process and be sure of all of the clutter getting cleared perfectly.
Recommended : How to Remove Apps & Extensions on Chromebook
Delete the browsing history on Chromebook
It is also recommended to the users to keep clearing the browsing history from time to time, in order to keep up the speed of the browser and also prevent any kind of data theft or monitoring of the websites that you have visited. So, similarly, you can clear the browsing history also in the following manner:
- Follow steps 1 to 3 as mentioned in the previous section.
- In the same dialog box, filter out the time range for whose browsing history you want to delete.
- Check in the option of ‘Clear Browsing History’ amongst the three options displayed.
- Then click on ‘Clear data’.
It would execute the command and clear out the browsing history for the time range that you have selected. Along with these steps, you also have the option to clear the browsing history just from your Chromebook and in the meanwhile store the same in your Google account. All you need to do is Sign out of your Google account and then follow the steps of 1 to 4 mentioned above.
Thus, in this way you can clear cookies, caches, and browsing history safely from your browser of Chromebook. Feel free to revert with any comments or suggestions for this blog.