As is the norm with any social media platform; any user’s activity is recorded within the site. Instagram does the same. It uses the data for various purposes like to know the users’ interest; the section they use most and various other inferences.
However, many feel it as a breach of their privacy as they could be browsing something that they are later embarrassed about or just want their soul to know. The solution lies in clearing your search history. After you delete it; that hashtag would not pop up again while you are searching again on Instagram. Even if you do not wish to delete the entire history; you can even delete specific Instagram accounts from popping up again as suggestions during your search. We state below step by step guide for each procedure so that you can do the same effortlessly.
Deleting Instagram Search History on Mobile App
We first discuss the steps to delete the history from the Instagram app on mobile phones. The same steps would work for Android, iOS and Windows operating system.
You would first need to open the Instagram app. Then, first, tap your profile icon which is usually at the lower right and then tap the hamburger looking Menu icon at the top right. In the new options, select Settings and then choose ‘Privacy and Security.’ In the new pop-up; scroll down to the option, ‘Clear search history.’ A new window will pop up asking you to confirm the action. Once you confirm it by clicking on Yes; the search history would disappear.
You can click on No if you wish to cancel your action. It best to refresh the device and browser after it for the move to be more efficient and effective. However, a point to note here is that the history is deleted only from your account. It would be present in the accounts of people with whom you have interacted and thus, they will appear as suggested accounts.
Deleting Instagram Search History & Suggestions on PC
The steps for deleting the search history on a PC is almost similar but with just a few more and different clicks. Let’s learn about them.
Foremost, we need to go to the Instagram website and log on to our account. Then click on Setting and then Account Data. Next, select Account Activities and then click on View Search History. You can now select the ‘Delete Search History’ and then confirm the delete by clicking on the ‘Yes’ tab of the popup window.
Refresh your browser and restart your PC for the delete to be more efficient.
Deleting Specific Instagram Users from Appearing in Your Suggested Search
We have already discussed that your deleted search account might still appear in your recommended search list as they are still present on the other user’s profile. This could be embarrassing and irritating. But the good thing is that you can stop them from appearing in your suggested search menu. The same step would hold true for both mobile and PC.
You need to first open the Instagram app or go to its website and log onto your account. Next, go to the search section which is noticeable as a magnifying glass icon. You would see your past search list popping up. From this list, select individual users and then delete them. They would no longer appear on your search suggestion list.
- Top Photo Sharing Apps which are similar to Instagram
- Latest Trick to find who unfollowed you on Instagram
- Top Paying URL Shortener Websites to Earn Money Online
- How to Use Skype for Web on Internet Browser
- Edit & Change Skype Live Id Display Name
- Best Exe to Apk Converter tool [ offline & Online ]
Persistent Search History
Sometimes you find your deleted search user profiles popping up even after you have deleted them. In that situation, try the following steps.
- Foremost, you need to restart your PC or mobile. More often than not, this simple step resolves the problem. Ideally, you should log out of your Instagram account before restarting the device. For it, go to your profile and then click on the Setting icon. Scroll down to the option ‘Log Out’ and tap on it. You would be logged out of your account. Post restarting your device you can log back into your account.
- In case you are using an Android platform; try this step of clearing your app cache and history as well. Go to the Settings menu of your device and then click on app management. It might have a different name also, depending on your device. From the list, scroll down to the Instagram app and tap on it. In the app storage page, you will find two options: — ‘Clear data’ and ‘Clear cache.’ Tap on clear cache and restart the device. The step will clear the temporary storage of the app.
- If the problem still persists, follow the same step but click on ‘Clear data’ or ‘clear storage’ this time. You need to note that this step will delete all data like your username, password, etc. and reset it back to the state when it was first installed on your device.
- In the worst scenario, you can simply uninstall the app from your device and reinstall it back.
Well friends, we hope that you are now geared with all knowledge about how to delete and clear the Instagram search history. If you have any queries or just loved our post; do not forget to leave your valuable comments and suggestions in the comment section below! Also, please share it with others who could do with this information. And above all, Enjoy the post!