A surge in the iOS users : Just like the trend has been observed in the surge of Chromebook users in recent years, you can also find that same is also the case with iPhones. Gone are the days when iPhone was considered as a luxury and now you can find it with atleast 5 to 6 people out of every 10 mobile users. With this increase, it is also evident that the number of subscribers to iTunes would be high and they would be looking for ways to stay connected on this platform via their handset as well as Chromebook. So, today we cover on the topic of Itunes for Chromebook.
Installation guidelines : iTunes on Chromebook
This section speaks about installing the Windows version of Itunes on the Chromebook through a Linux based application named Wine. Follow the steps mentioned below for a hassle-free experience:
- Go to the Settings of your device and ensure that Linux has been enabled on it. Post this, you would be able to install and setup Wine on it.
- Search for ‘iTunes for Chromebook’ on the browser and proceed with the installation procedure. Keep in mind to go for the 32-bit Windows version, as the 64-bit shows many glitches, and the users have complained of black spots on the display.
- The installer file gets downloaded and you need to move it to the Linux folder of your device.
- Open the Terminal from the Launcher section and execute the command mentioned below:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/yourusername/.wine32 winecfg
Here you have to put your Chromebook username in the command and it would convert your Wine application into a 32-bit version.
- The Wine application window pops up and click on OK to proceed next.
- Then, run this command again in the Terminal to begin the installation of the 32-bit version of iTunes on your device:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/yourusername/.wine32/ wine itunes.exe
Like the previous command, ensure that you put your device username in the command above.
- The installation window pops up and clicks on Next to continue the installation.
- Once it gets done, hit on Finish and then run itunes.
So, the application gets installed on the Chromebook and now you can enjoy the music on the device. But keep in mind that there might be a hit on the performance in the Chromebook and you cannot expect it to play flawlessly like iOS.
Alternative : Import iTunes Library to Google Play Music
Let us say that you install iTunes using the above procedure and find it to be either not running or the installation procedure failing. Then do not get worried as there is another trick up the sleeve. This time, you can import your iTunes library into Google Play Music and play them effortlessly. Follow these steps for it:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Chrome Store.
- Search for Google Play Music and click on ‘Add to Chrome’ to complete the extension installation.
- Open the application on your browser and hit on the menu in the top left corner.
- Select ‘Upload Music’ from the dropdown menu.
- Go to Users->Your username->Music->iTunes->iTunes Media->Music.
- Select the required files and wait for them to get uploaded in the Play Music.
Hence, as an alternative, you can go for this and enjoy your iTunes playlist with the same zeal, but on a different platform. Let us know what has been your favorable choice and in case if you found any other option then do let us know in the comments section.