Today is the time of OTT platforms. Gone are the days when you had to wait in long lines to get the tickets to your favorite movies or go for pirated websites to download the perfect quality of recent launches. Keeping in mind the requirements of the watching audience, such platforms have been created and updated from time to time.
One of such is Netflix. Currently, it owns the largest market share in the globe for OTT and has a myriad of features that keep adding to the numbers of subscribers. Not only can you watch the latest shows, series, documentaries, and movies on the platform, but also download them to watch offline at your own sweet time.
Thus, in our blog for the day, we would be focusing on the ways to download movies and TV shows on Netflix and various things that need to be kept in mind before going for it.
The basic pre-requisites to download Videos from Netflix
Just like other things, certain pre-requisites need to be followed by you to successfully download the content from Netflix. The following include the pretty basic ones:
- A valid Netflix account.
- Stable internet connection.
- GPS location to trace the content available in your region.
- Device identification.
Miss out any one of these, and you would find a lot of struggle in even a simple download in the platform.
Beginning with the download
The following enlists the baby steps that need to be taken before moving ahead with the direct process of downloading from the platform:
- Ensure that the Netflix app on your device is updated as per the latest version. Visit the respective app stores and confirm the availability of the same. Accordingly, select the option to begin the process.
- The next step comes in choosing the download quality. Netflix offers two types of download quality- standard and high. Basis this, the file sizes are decided. Hence, if you have a strong bandwidth at your home, then don’t miss out on the high quality of content and give new wings to your viewing experience.
The choices can be accessed at App Settings->More->Downloads->Video Quality/ Download video quality.
- Accordingly, select your required genre of movies or shows and then refer to the next section to know the exact steps of downloading.
How to download a movie / Video on Netflix ?
To download the movie on the Netflix app, go for the steps given below:
- Visit the app on your Android or iOS.
- Go to either the options of genres to find the movie or directly use the search bar at the top.
- Look for the Download button near to share icon.
- Hit on the former and the process would begin.
- Post success, you would receive the notification of download complete.
If you are not able to see the option for download, then the movie is not available for offline viewing in your region.
How to download a series on Netflix ?
When it comes to downloading the series on Netflix, the process is the same as that of the previous section. It’s just that you would not be able to download the entire season at one go and thus have to refer to individual episodes.
However, there is an option of Smart Downloads on the platform. As per this, whenever you finish with any offline episode, the next episode gets downloaded of its own and added into the device storage. Hence you would not have to worry about hitting on the download option every time.
Dealing with the device memory
Just a fair warning- all of the downloaded content on Netflix is stored within your device memory. Thus, keep clearing the same to avoid any hindrance in the downloads or face storage crunch.
Also before enabling the Smart Downloads option, ensure that you have sufficient memory available.
With this, we conclude on our take of downloading the perfect content from the platform. Do let us know if you have any further queries or have found another alternative apart from this standard one.