YouTube Not Working Error : In today’s time, it is nearly impossible to imagine a life without Youtube. Name any purpose and you are sure to find its applications. Referring to any of the videos for presentation, clearing up the difficult concepts, streaming of any corporate event, and many such, Youtube has metamorphosed into a dynamic platform.
It is no longer a simple website that streams only recorded videos. For budding artists or businesses, it acts as the major digital tool to create a name in the target market. But imagine, how would the world come to a halt if one day Youtube starts showing issues and does not work properly?
In today’s blog of the day, we would be discussing on the Different Ways to Fix Youtube Not working Issue when you find Youtube not working normally on your device.
Fixing Youtube Not Working issue in mobile devices
If you are facing the issue of running videos on the mobile app of Youtube, then go for either of the methods mentioned below:
Restarting the device- It is the basic step done to clear out all of the background apps that cause the slowing of the device. Just hit on the power button and choose restart to reboot the device. Then check if the Youtube app is working properly or not.
Checking the internet connectivity– The next thing that you can think about is checking the internet connectivity of the device. Go for either an internet speed test on the browser or search for any random topic on the internet. In some cases, even though you are connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi, it shows no internet option.
Confirming on a global server down– Though it is very rare to happen, sometimes the global server of Youtube crashes to shut off the services temporarily. Thus, have a look at the online sources to confirm the news and wait till it gets restored.
Clearing up the cache data– With usage, the app starts accumulating the cache data that creates clutter and prevents smooth streaming. Hence it is recommended to clear out the same frequently. Just go for Settings->Apps->Youtube->Storage->Clear cache and data.
Updating the device OS– If your device has rolled out any new OS update, it is highly likely that the app compatibility changes. This might turn out to be one of the reasons for Youtube’s poor performance on mobile. Hence, opt for OS update via the given methods:
- Go to Settings of your device.
- Tap on the System Updates option given at the bottom of the list.
- If any update is available, download and install the same to complete the procedure.
Confirm VPN connectivity– If you are using VPNs on your mobile, then it causes a lot of trouble in playing the content that might be illegal in some other nation. Thus, ensure that you turn it off every time before connecting to the app. Alternatively, delete such applications when not required by the user.
Fixing Youtube Not Working issues on PC/ Computer
If you are facing the issues of Youtube on Google Chrome on PC, then go for either of the steps to enter into troubleshooting mode:
Updating the browser– It is one of the primary reasons that creates incompatibility in the old versions and prevents normal streaming. Just follow the steps given below to update the browser:
- Click on the three dots present at the top right corner of the Chrome screen.
- Go to Help->About Google Chrome.
- Hit on Install and it would check if any new update has been rolled out in the browser.
Confirm the new installation to complete the procedure.
Checking the internet connection– Just like the Android devices, you can check the internet connectivity on your PC. Go for either an internet speed test or checking up any random stuff on the browser. Alternatively, turn off and on your router to improve the connectivity issues.
- Hit on triple dots at the top right corner of the browser screen.
- Go to Advanced->Site settings->Privacy and security.
Removing the extensions- Though extensions come in handy while using Google Chrome on PC, there might be some that cause hindrance towards the normal streaming on Youtube. In that case, go for the following steps to delete the recently installed one:
- Hit on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go for More Tools->Extensions.
- The list comes up in the order of the latest as first. Click on the same and hit on delete.
- Then check up on the website and see if you can stream the content freely.
Clearing up the cookies and cache data– Just like the mobile devices, cookies, and cache data also eat up the space on the Chrome browser. To delete the same, go for the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Google Chrome browser on the PC.
- Go for Settings->More Tools->Clear browsing data.
- Select the option for All Time in the given menu and then confirm on Clear Browsing Data.
Updating Graphics Driver– In case of outdated Graphics on PC, then there are high chances that you would be seeing the glitches on the screen while playing up the videos. To update it, go for the steps as follows:
- Use the shortcut of Windows+ R to open up the Run command box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit on enter.
- Double-click on Display Adapters at the left side of the screen and it expands the list.
- Right-click on the Graphics Adapter and hit on the ‘Update driver’ option.
- Click on the search automatically option in the next dialog box and it would complete the installation.
Restoring the DNS– Sometimes, the DNS of the PC gets updated or changed automatically to cause non-functioning of any of the websites. To restore it, go for the steps mentioned below:
- Open Run window by using the shortcut of Windows+ R.
- Type cmd in the dialog box displayed.
- Type ipconfig/flushdns and then hit on enter.
- The default settings would get restored on the appliance.
With this, we conclude on your steps for troubleshooting the basis of the devices used for streaming the content. Do let us know your opinions and queries in the comments section. And as goes without saying, hit on like, share, and subscribe to stay tuned to the blog.