Fortnite on Chromebook : Today’s gaming generation must have heard about Fortnite and its immense popularity on all kinds of platforms. Available in three different modes namely Save the World, Battle Royale, and Creative, it offers the players a good number of choices to select their game-play and plot and plan the strategies accordingly. Originally Fortnite was released only for the platforms of Windows, Nintendo Switch, macOS, iOS, Android, Xbox, and Play Station. But currently, our Chromebook users are looking for the possibility of running the game on their devices and we are here to show them how can it be made possible.
How to Play Fortnite on Chromebook ?
Since the developers of Fortnite have not released any Linux-based or Chrome OS version of the game, thus officially speaking you cannot find any such version on the official website. But there is nothing to worry about, as instead you can download and play the Android version from the Google Play Store. Just ensure that your device meets the pre-requisites of a 64-bit processor, 64-bit Chrome OS and 4 GB of RAM.
Install Fortnite on Chromebook : Step by Step Procedure
Please follow the steps mentioned below to install Fortnite on your Chromebook:
- Click on the profile picture at the bottom right corner of the screen and then go to the settings (gear icon) from the popup.
- Go to the Apps section of the Settings window and ensure that Google Play Store is turned on. If this option is not available, then update your Chromebook OS to the latest version, and then you would find it.
- In this window itself, you will find the section for Android Apps and click on the blue hyperlink of App Settings. It will redirect you to a new window.
- Go to the Security option on this window and here you can define the permissions required for the installation, like storage place, permission to allow installation of apps from unknown sources, and many more.
- Now comes the steps for beginning with the download of fortnite. Open up your browser and go to fortnite.com/android.
- This will redirect you to the latest Android version available and you can directly proceed with the Download.
- Go to the File Manager of your Chromebook and find the downloaded apk in it.
- Open it and follow the prompts coming up to install it on the device.
- Run it and set up the account, to begin with, the new gaming experience.
Alternate Way to Download Fortnite on Chromebook
Let’s say that the above method does not work due to your Chromebook not supporting the Play Store. In this case, you can go for the method of playing the game via Chrome Remote Desktop. By this, you can project the game from another device on your Chromebook and play it under a lower quality and controls, in comparison to the normal modes.
Just install the Chrome Remote Desktop on your device and connect it with your external device by pin to start the screen projection.
Therefore, we have offered you two alternatives to playing Fortnite on your Chromebook. Let us know if you have found any other method in the comments section and do not forget to like, share, and subscribe to our blog.