The great connection : Facebook has been a phenomenal tool in connecting people spread across the continents. Not only can people chat with each other, but also see the posts shared by each other and like, comment, or share as per their convenience. It is also aiding the upcoming businesses in getting connected to their targeted audience and doing organic promotion of the brand.
When it comes to maintaining the courtesy of conversation, Facebook has also developed features related to it. Out of these, one of the important ones is the wave. It can be found on the website, mobile app, and Messenger. Thus, in our blog of the day, we would be discussing further the steps to wave on these different platforms.
Waving someone on the Facebook website
This can be done when you are logged in to Facebook over a PC or laptop. Thus follow the given steps to do so:
- Enter the URL of Facebook in the browser and log in with your credentials.
- On the Home Screen, go to the Chats option present at the top bar.
- Alternatively, you can also hit the chats tab present at the bottom (It shows the number of people active in the account at that time).
- Get your cursor on the profile icon of the person whom you want to wave at.
- An option for wave would appear immediately. Hit on it and the same would be sent as a message to the receiver.
Waving someone from the Facebook app
In the case of using the Facebook app on mobile devices, a similar process can be followed with certain minor tweaks. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Launch the Facebook app and enter your credentials to log in the same.
- Hit on the three horizontal bars present at the top right section of the display screen.
- Hit on the Messenger option displayed over there. If it is not visible at first, then hit on ‘See More’ to get an additional list of options.
- Go to People->Active to see the list of people who are online currently.
- Go to the option of the person whom you want to wave and hit on the option shown near it.
Thus the greetings are sent via chat and you can continue the chat effortlessly.
Waving someone from FB Messenger
Alternatively, you can also use the Messenger app on mobile devices to wave at someone very quickly. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app. If it is not available on the device, then you can install it easily from the respective app stores.
- Go to the people section present at the bottom of the display screen from the app.
- Under the list of the people who are currently active, you can easily find the option to Tap Wave near every profile available.
- Hit on it and the greeting is sent to have the perfect conversation starter.
When it comes to waving someone, Facebook has also offered additional features as follows:
- Whenever you add any new friend to your Facebook account, Messenger gives a notification that both of you are connected. In it, the option to automatically wave back appears. Thus, you can start conversations with new people smoothly and not have to worry about other steps.
- In case if you have waved someone by mistake and the time has not exceeded 10 minutes, then you can take it back. Just go to the chat and hold the wave symbol for some time. Accordingly, the option to remove it would appear. Confirm it and then click on ‘Remove for everyone’. Accordingly, the receiver would not be able to see it.
With this, you learned about the different ways of waving someone on Facebook. Feel free to write back to us in case of any queries or suggestions.