About the Sims 4 game : Sims 4 is another masterpiece by EA Games and is the fourth installment of the Sims series. It is a family-based simulation game that involves creating a character called Sim and then ensuring that its family line propagates by completing different kinds of challenges and crossing the different levels. It requires strategies to complete the game and crack different milestones in it.
Originally released for Windows, Mac, and Xbox platforms, now our Chromebook users are looking for the possibilities of running the game on their devices. In today’s blog, we would be elucidating further on this topic.
Is it possible to Play Sims 4 on Chromebook ?
Frankly speaking, no it is not possible to play the original version of The Sims 4 on any model of the Chromebook. It is primarily due to the following reasons:
- The game does not have any Linux-based version in the very first place and so it would not be directly compatible with the Chrome OS of the Chromebook.
- It asks for a powerful graphics card that is generally not available in the Chromebooks and so you would miss out on the high quality of display that it shows in the original versions.
- It is a bit of a high-end game that is generally not supported by the Chromebooks.
However, you might look for alternatives to playing either Android or Facebook versions of the game. But a fair bit of warning, there would be a compromise in the original quality and you would not get all the expectations out of it.
Using the Android version
If you have Google Play Store enabled on your Chromebook, then it is very easy to download the Android version of the game and play on it. Follow the given steps for it:
- Open the Play Store and search for The Sims on the search bar.
- Hit on the Install option.
- Give all of the permissions that are prompted on the display.
- Post-completion of the installation, search for the game on the Launcher.
- Open it and set up your account, to begin with the playing experience.
Thus, you can download and enjoy the Android version. Just keep in mind to enable all kinds of permissions in the Settings beforehand, so that no further issue comes up during the installation.
Using the Facebook version
You can also play this game on Facebook. Just open up Google Chrome and log in to your Facebook account. Search for the game on it and click to begin with the initial setup. Offer all kinds of permissions asked and then you would be good to go.
Thus, if not by the official version then you can use these cheaper alternatives to get a good taste of the game on Chromebook. But remember, the quality and controls would be very much different and it would be best to play it on Touchscreen mode. It is because the Android version has been developed for touch and tap controls and you would be able to get the actual feel of the game only by this.
Do let us know if you have any doubts and do not forget to like, share, and subscribe to our blog for more technical content.