Moving the digital way : Today’s world is more shifted towards digital storage of important documents. Owing to the need of reducing the carbon footprint on the earth and also enhance access to information, several cloud storage apps have been developed. Not only do they safeguard the data, but also aid in easy retrieval in the cases of upgrades or sudden loss of the same.
One of such mail services used currently by the people includes Yahoo mail. Owing to its plethora of features and cloud storage facilities, the usage of traffic has seen some spikes in recent times. But, then again, with the device being signed in too many different email apps, things get confusing.
Thus, you can also think of signing out of Yahoo Mail to make things easy to manage. The upcoming content speaks in detail about the different ways of doing so.
Signing off of Yahoo Mail from the PC or Laptop
Follow the given steps to sign out of Yahoo Mail from your PC:
- Open Yahoo Mail in the browser by either entering the URL or hitting on the frequently visited icons.
- You will find your profile icon at the top right corner of the screen. Click on it to see the options under the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Sign Out option and hit on it.
Thus, the browser would sign you out of the mail services. If you have signed into multiple browsers, then follow the above steps for each of those individually.
Sign Out of Yahoo Mail from Mobile App
With the inception of mobile devices, every website has now got its dedicated app. Similar is the case with Yahoo Mail also. Just follow the given steps to sign out of the app:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail App on the device.
- Tap on the three-line icon found at the top right corner of the screen. A navigation panel would open up.
- Hit on the Manage Accounts option to view all of the email ids managed by the app.
- If you want to log off the email address, then hit on the slider present at the right side of each email id. It would turn off the mail notifications for that address.
- If you want to delete the saved address, then hit on the Edit option present on the right side of the Manage Accounts screen.
- Hit on Remove at the right of the email option and confirm the same.
Signing off from iOS settings
You can also sign off from both the email and cloud services of Yahoo Mail by deactivating it from the device settings. Go for the following steps to do so:
- Open the Device Settings by hitting on the icon on the home screen.
- Scroll down to the option of Passwords and Accounts.
- Tap on the option for Yahoo.
- It would open up the list of options that have been allowed to synchronize with it. Hit on the slider individually to deactivate each.
- If you want to permanently delete it, then hit on the option for Delete Account and confirm the same.
Thus, the account would be wiped out from the device. You can always come later to sign back in on the app.
Signing off from Android settings
Similarly, on Android devices also, you can sign off from Yahoo Mail. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Go to the device settings on the home screen.
- Scroll down to Cloud and Accounts and hit on it.
- Go down to find the option for Yahoo. Click on it.
- Click on the triple dots available on the right side of the same.
- From the drop-down menu, select on remove the account and hit on the confirm option.
As a result, the account would get permanently deleted from the device.
With this, we conclude on the different ways of signing out of Yahoo Mail from different devices. Write back to us in the comments section, if you have any queries on the steps mentioned above.