The seamless process : Most of the audience from the 2000s would be having fond memories of rushing to the cyber cafes for getting a stable internet connection and using the printers over there to get a printout for the school’s project works. Now, with the advancement of technology, this process has become very seamless. You can enjoy printing options via Wireless printers where you can give the printing order directly from your device to the printer without having to rush to it with any storage devices. For our Chromebook users, the printing process is not that difficult as you might perceive and thus today we would be discussing in our blog to Setup printer on Chromebook.
Using the wireless method : Add Printer to Chromebook
First, we would be letting you know of how to connect to a printer wirelessly via Wi-Fi and get executed all of your printing needs. Follow the steps given below for this:
- First of all, ensure that your Chromebook and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can do this easily by going to the printer display and clicking on the option to connect with the Wi-Fi.
- Hit on the time option at the bottom right corner of the screen and go to the Settings at the top of the drop-down menu.
- Search for the ‘Print’ option on the search box of the Settings and it would show an option to set up your printer.
- Click on the Add Printer button and select the printer name that is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then hit on add button to complete the process.
So, it is this easy to Add Printer to Chromebook and there might be some minute differences in how the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi-based on the manufacturer.
Going the conventional method : Setup Printer on Chromebook
Let us assume that you do not own a wireless printer and want to go for the old-school method of using wired ones. Then follow these steps to get it done:
- Use the plugging USB cable to connect your printer and Chromebook. You might need an adapter if your cable and ports are of different types.
- Go to the Chromebook settings from the time display at the bottom right of the screen and search for Print in the search box.
- Click on the Add Printer option and it will show the names of the printer that you want to connect with your device.
- Select your printer’s name and then hit on add to complete the process.
Thus, you can use the conventional method also to conduct the printing process from your Chromebook.
Manual alternative for wireless printers
If your wireless printer is of the older model and its name is not displayed automatically during the printer selection, then you have the option to add it manually. Follow the given steps for it:
- On the window for the options that list out the printer names, hit on Add Manually button at the bottom left corner.
- A dialog box opens and you have to enter the details of printer name (it can be anything of your choice) and IP address (present on the printer’s display menu).
- Leave the other two fields with their default values and then hit on Add.
The printer would get added manually and you can carry on with your printing work.
On a concluding note, be elated that you have learned about both wired as well as wireless printers connection with your Chromebook. Do not forget to hit like, share, and subscribe to our blog for more such content.