Amazon Firestick : The waves of technology have been upgrading the different aspects of an ideal home. Gone are the days of waiting in long queues to witness movies on the big screen and get feels out of these. With the inception of concepts like OTT, micro consoles, and digital media players, home theatre is becoming the next popular thing in households. One of the popular modules out of these is Amazon Firestick.
The setup aids in streaming up to HD content from different OTT platforms and websites on to the large screen of TV and even extends to playing video games and controlling mobile apps. Starting from the first generation, it has currently undergone a tremendous transformation up to 4K quality.
The most important pre-requisite to operate a Firestick is a stable internet connection, However, at times you might face the issue of it not getting connected to the web. Therefore, the blog for the day covers this topic and presents different troubleshooting methods.
Different Ways to Resolve Firestick Won’t Connect to Internet Error
Checking up with the router settings
When the connection issues of the Firestick with the Wi-Fi start popping up, the first thing that comes to mind is checking up the router settings. Some of the basic troubleshooting techniques on the router include the following:
- Checking up with the basic settings of the box, like DHCP enabling, security patches, and other factors that establish the connection with the devices.
- Ensuring that the number of device limits to the router is not exceeded i.e. either the limit is increased or some existing device is removed from the network.
- Checking up the firewall settings that can often blacklist the IP address of the Firestick.
- Switching between the frequency bandwidth to accommodate good speed amongst all of the devices.
- Probable repositioning of the router as per suitable location in comparison to the Firestick.
Enabling Forget Network approach
In case if the router hardware shows no abnormality, then the next tool can include forgetting the base Wi-Fi first and then reconnecting it to the Firestick. Go for the given steps to complete it:
- Go to the Settings of Firestick and hit on the Network option.
- Go to the Wi-Fi name that you want to forget and hit the menu button on the remote.
- Press on select to confirm the process of forgetting the network.
- Reconnect to the network with credentials and check-up the connectivity.
In some cases, this approach helps and improves the existing speed from the Wi-Fi.
Rebooting the router
In the case of the router settings functioning properly, the next troubleshooting can be done by rebooting the router. In a majority of the cases, it helps in clearing out the cache data packets from the software and eventually improvises the connectivity with the Firestick.
Hard rebooting the Firestick
You can also troubleshoot the Firestick hardware to check upon the connectivity issues. Go for the steps given below to do so:
- Unplug the adapter of the device from the primary source of power.
- Remove the USB cable from the Firestick dongle.
- Reconnect all of the hardware and then turn it on to confirm the setup of the connection.
As an additional step, you can also go for resetting the entire Firestick. Rolling back to the factory settings of the device acts as the final nail to resolve the connection incompatibility and remove out the parameters that caused the faulty settings.
In the cases where you want to get connected to a Wi-Fi source but realize it to be hidden, then you can undergo the following settings to unmask the SSID:
- Go to the settings of the device and hit on the Network option.
- Select the option for ‘Join another network’.
- Enter the SSID of the Wi-Fi and then hit the Play/Pause button of the remote.
- Enter the security type of the Wi-Fi, followed by its password.
- Confirm the details and finally get connected to the hidden network.
Improvising the USB fit
Sometimes it might happen that the USB of Firestick does not stick up properly within the slot given on TV. In such cases, you can always go for an HDMI extender that not only boosts up the Wi-Fi connectivity but also brings up the overall performance of the remote.
With this, we conclude on our list of the troubleshooting techniques to resolve the connectivity issues between the network and Firestick. Let us know your queries in the comments section.